Sunday, August 31, 2014

Creamy Tortellini and Spinach Soup

I picked up a bag of fresh spinach from the grocery store and spent a little while trying to decide what to do with it. I thought about making a garden salad then I thought about creaming it and having it with some baked chicken. It's just that sometimes I get tired of making the same meals every week so I try to change it up a little. I remembered another recipe that I saw on Pinterest. The pinner said that this recipe tasted like it came straight from a high end restaurant and I couldn't agree with her more. It's another crock pot recipe so not only does it taste great, but it's super easy, too.

 
In a large bowl, I added two cans of Italian style diced tomatoes.  
 
 
Then I added one bag of frozen tortellini and 1 box of vegetable broth. 
 
 
 
To that, I added a block of cream cheese then stirred everything in the bowl. Then I poured it all in the crock pot. 
 
 
  
Dinner was ready in 5 1/2 hours.
 
   
I'm happy to say, everybody loved it and went for seconds... score! Hopefully, you'll love it, too.
 
 
 
 
Ingredients
1 bag of fresh spinach
1 bag of frozen tortellini
2 cans of Italian style diced tomatoes
1 box of vegetable broth
1 block of cream cheese
 
Directions
1. First, you'll need a large mixing bowl.
2. Then you'll need to put in the spinach, the Italian style diced tomatoes, the tortellini, the   vegetable broth and the cream cheese. Do not thoroughly mix this together - just mix them enough so that no parts will be without any of the ingredients.
3. Then empty the bowl into the crock pot.
4. Cook this mixture for 5 - 6 hours on low.  
funny 
 

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous food photos!!!

    And your dishes are so pretty tooo!

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be a great idea for dinner one night. I love using my crock pot, but don't usually pull it out until the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really good! I definitely will be trying this one! And I agree with Tessa..your dishes are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, so easy:) You make is so easy:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, another yummy crockpot recipe! I need all the help I can get in the kitchen, but I can handle 4 ingredients. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Recipe Dee and another cool and hilarious quotation! I'm about to go shopping and I wouldn't want to give my 100% in the store either so, I might be leaving the cards at home...:-)
    I hope your week is going great.

    Thanks for all the inspiration you send my way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad I stopped by. This looks amazing. I will be making this very soon! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does look so good! Perfect for the cold front coming in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicious and so easy to make. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks incredible, get in mah belly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the 100% photo! Hahahha!

    ReplyDelete