Sunday, March 27, 2016

Spring Cleaning

catasters:

"I Love Housework! Said no one ever…”

Happy Easter! Well, the first day of Spring was just last week and I celebrated by rolling up my sleeves and scratching a few items from my spring cleaning checklist. Now, I clean my home often, but I only deep clean twice a year. It's always at the start of spring and right before Thanksgiving so everything can be sparkling clean for the holidays. I really love a clean space and the feeling of knowing your home is truly clean is just deep down satisfying.

When I started cleaning, I didn't want to overwhelm myself so I just slowly began to tackle one room at a time, one corner at a time. Bathrooms and kitchens are the worst because they get the dirtiest so I decided to begin with the kitchen. So, this is what my week looked like.

Monday: Wipe down the top of the cabinets and wash the ceramics I store there.
Tuesday: Wipe down cabinet fronts. Clean windows and windowsills


Wednesday: Wipe down walls and backsplash. Clean the microwave inside and out.
Thursday: Clean the oven. I had already used oven cleaner the night before, so it was only a matter of wiping it clean.

Friday: Clean the Keurig and countertops.
Saturday: Clean the refrigerator inside, the top of it and the doors.

Sunday: Sweep and mop the floor.
 
I wish I could say that I'm done in the kitchen, but there is still more to do in just this one room. I still want to do a little organizing which I plan to tackle this week. Also, my apartment is really small and any way that I can add storage is a definite plus so I bought two floating shelves from Ikea. Oh and just pretend that you didn't notice the dishes in the sink... lol. Now, the shelves were just put up a couple of days ago, so I still need to figure out exactly what to display on them. Of course, for me, that's the fun part.


Whew... Okay, now I'm exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. Please bring your tools, I'll provide the water and dust, etc. Great job, by the way! Do you do log ceilings and beams? This is too hard for us to do now. It's what friends are for! My mister washes windows and vacuums and I do the rest to my best, which isn't nearly as thorough as I should. Love your photos! How do you take them when you're working?

    ReplyDelete