Monday, April 11, 2016

Spend The Day With Me


My goodness, this weekend really flew by. I almost feel like I blinked and it was over. Anyhoo, I'm back at it and I thought it might be fun to share how I spend a typical day during the week. Just a warning, though. My life is soooo not exciting so hopefully, you won't be bored to tears. So, here goes.

I usually start my morning with oatmeal. I like that it's cheap and quick to prepare. Even though there are lots of different ingredients that I add from time to time to keep it interesting, most of the time, I just sprinkle in some cinnamon and a few raisins.


After breakfast, I pack my lunch for work. This morning, I made a garlic hummus sandwich on whole wheat with lettuce, tomatoes and sprouts... yum!.


I leave for work, but as always, I stop at Rutters to get a ginormous cup of coffee to get me through the early morning hours. I also grab a bag of chips to go with my lunch. Now, my commute is pretty short so after about 12 minutes I'm pulling into the parking lot.

So, do you like this desk? So do I, I just wish it was mine... lol.


The truth is, I actually work in a huge room filled with cubicles. The room I work in is a little similar to the picture below. I use two computers just like they do and they are also placed side by side. The only difference is I have more space. My desk is L shaped and the cubicle walls around me aren't nearly as high. Thankfully, I don't feel as closed in because I can still see everyone around me.


This is where I spend the better part of my day. Sorry, the pictures from work didn't turn out so great and the fluorescent lighting didn't help much.



I  haven't really done much to decorate my desk. I did buy a little sign because the quote really caught my eye. Oh and I picked up that little calendar at the dollar store,



I found these hooks at the Dollar Store, too. They fit perfect on the back wall of the cubicle. They are just perfect for wet umbrellas and my sweater that I wear when the air conditioner is blasting.



I'm usually pretty busy at work so I don't waste much time getting started and I'm quite content listening to the steady rhythm of computer keys tapping all around me. I'm on a roll and before I know it, it's time to break for lunch. I have my hummus sandwich with the chips and a bottle of water. During lunch, I always read and if you enjoy suspense as much as I do, you have to check out this story. You won't be disappointed.



After lunch, the rest of the day goes by pretty fast. All I can think of is that I'm glad I don't have to cook tonight. When it snowed on Saturday, I made a big pot of vegetable soup and there are plenty of leftovers for tonight.

Vegetable Soup - 100x better than the canned stuff! This soup is amazing, I had 3 bowls! #soup #healthy #recipe:

Okay, are you still with me? Now remember, I never promised it would be exciting so thanks for hanging in there.

Well, hubby and I are about to watch Person of Interest on Netflix. We just started watching the pilot last week and loved it. We're just hoping the rest of the episodes are as good. Here's hoping.

Have a wonderful rest of the week... :) 

1 comment:

  1. Your day is off to a good start if you eat oatmeal! I LOVE THAT STUFF! Your soup photo is so sharp and bright and MUST be delicious! I'm also a reader of anything, especially mystery and suspense. Will check out that book! OK...break over...back to work for you!

    ReplyDelete